Many years ago when I was the Unity team lead at Kodeco.com (then known as raywenderlich.com), I saw new game developers struggle with the language. So, I created a YouTube series to help them “get up to speed”. The goal wasn’t to create great developers, but rather, to give students just enough knowledge so they can follow our tutorials on teaching the engine itself.
Eight years later, the course is going strong so I thought to re-record it. I also intend to create accompanying articles for each video that goes a little deeper. For now, you can follow the links to watch the videos on YouTube.
Article Series (based on the videos)
- Getting Started with Unity Game Development
- Installing Unity with Unity Hub
- Installing Visual Studio Community for Unity Development
- Learning the Unity Editor
- Displaying Text on the Screen